Friday, October 1, 2010

Socktoberfest!!!!!


Welcome to one of my truly favorite months of the year!! My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving but I love October too!!

So lot's of awesome stuff is happening this month!!

  • SAFF is happening up in Ashevegas this month. Sadly, I won't be there this year due to a concert band concert but I just know the girls that head up there are gonna have an amazing time!
  • Baby Applejax Hotpants should be finally gracing us with her presence later this month! I cannot CANNOT wait to meet this precious little angel. She has a "King" nose..see my nose up in the banner pic...see how presh it is? Yes, she's got a nose just like the rest of us Kings!
  • Socktober Fest starts this month which is a month of nothing but sockmaking goodness. And lemme just say, ever since I tackled my first sweater, I'm much more confident in my knitting. Which means that I've gotta frog some socks that just won't make the cut..ie my rainbow waves, and continue to knock out the two at a time sock goodness that I am now hooked on.
  • I'm also working on some more bebeh stuffs but I'm not ready to post them here yet..some are for BebehApplejax, some are for other wonderbebehs.
  • Finally, the big event this month that connects w/ BebehApplejax's birth is my trip up to see her and see my family up in Maryland. I fly out of Charlotte on 10/28, rent a car, tool over to Ft. Belvior, VA to meet my angel of a niece, truck up to Frederick, MD for a day or two to hang w/ GrammyBelle, and then rock on down to Baltimore on 11/1 for my therapeutic ninja conference w/ AAP. It's gonna be epic and the last big trip I take this year! I cannot wait!!
Okay, that's all i got, sorry for the quietness but SuperC had a big ole rootcanal on Tuesday and I was very concerned w/ him. In order to be there for him, I had to move clients and that meant long days in my practice when I was working, and then tending to poofymouthed C when I was home. He's doing better now and thank you bunches for the love and light!

6 comments:

Debbie T said...

Yayyyy, little Applejax is coming...that seems like it went so fast!!! You are going to have such a great time going to meet her. Have a great time on your trip with your family!
Hey, I do Socktoberfest too...you should check out the group Fans of Through the Loops. Kirsten Kapur has gorgeous designs and it's so fun to get that mystery clue each week. Before you know it, you've got a pair of beautiful socks in yummy fall colors! Hope to see you there! :=)

drMolly, the BeanQueen said...

Fru - you made a cutie clown. socks!!! my fav!

Simplyme5252 said...

He FruBabe. I F'luv your cute little clown pic. I may have to check out this here soctoberfest thing.

Courtney said...

I love the picture on your blog!!!! I too love october through january months!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Noes! We are going to miss you this year!

KARIN said...

Look how cute you were! That picture is so adorable. Great idea.