Wednesday, March 3, 2010

in which i get a little freaked out & skerrid!

So this AM at Jazzercise, we were talking and the idea of me possibly going to become an instructor was mentioned. (insert cricket chirps here).

I looked at becoming a certified instructor many moons ago, and when I was way heavier. But SuperC asked me what I'd like to do once I hit my first mini goal and I think getting certified to teach jazzercise might be it. I'm not sure though...I mean...what if they tell me I'm too fat still, what if I fail, what if I get skerrid and trip?

Or what if I do it, nail it, and love it dearly? What if I do it, and become even more passionate about fitness and health?

Or what if I didn't do anything at all....

7 comments:

Deena said...

I totally think you can do it and would kick ass doing so.

I usually just want to punch the teachers that are size 0.

Debbie T said...

One of my favorite quotes~

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

I also prefer someone that I can relate to more than someone who looks like they've been in a concentration camp for 55 years and given one slice of bread a week. I say go for it..you will be great!!

Gramma Phyllis said...

Stop with the "what if's" and go for it. All "they" can say is no, BUT they just might say yes. I agree with the others, I do not like instructors that are not sized like the rest of the world, kinda like the weight loss ads where they were fat (size 10) and now can get into a size 4. I haven't seen a size 10 since I was in junior high and that was many, many moons ago.

Courtney said...

All I have to say is go for it!

Courtney said...

I say go for it!

Mama Lisa said...

Here's one of my fave quotes "If you don't risk anything, you risk even more" - Erica Jong
What's the worst that can happen? You give it a try and don't like it?!? And then decide it's not for you?
I think you may surprise yourself!I'm all for risk taking..btw - got your message...thank u soooo much! and i got the offer! giving notice today!

Shevon said...

You can do eeet!

Go for it. Absolute (realistic) worst case scenario is you're not ready, and you can get some feedback and try later. Unrealistic absolute worst case scenario: the zombie apocolypse comes, and you're wearing neon spandex.