Sunday, September 7, 2008

A BIG deal for a big beautiful girl!

This morning I am dragging some serious azz and am just so thankful! Friday and Saturday, I faced my fears about my body image and body limits and completed the initial instructor certification to become a water aerobics instructor. Maybe not a big deal for some people but for me it was just awesome.

I think I'm exhausted because I psyched myself out and was running in overdrive. I got to the training on Friday afternoon and learned that I was no where near the biggest girl in the class. And that truly inspired me! Water aerobics is for every body and if you think it's just fru-fru work out stuff, I'd like to personally invite you to come with me to one of my classes! The training was a bit chaotic with way too many people for one instructor so I made sure I got what I needed and did little socializing. I was way glad that the nerd in me decided to read and watch the DVDs before class because I so needed them. Yesterday was split between how to start a class, and how to teach. Then lots of time in the pool..LOTS. Perhaps I'm tired today because I spent a lot of time learning the major muscle groups and exercises to work them and stretch them. The practical part where I taught and was evaluated was kind of stressful. As usual, my voice went up three octaves b/c I was nervous but I handled it. I did the exercise for the Latissimus Dorsi fine but blanked on the stretch and then remembered. I did the wrong stretch to work out your Quads but the trainer was nice to me about it. So I'm done with that part of the process and that was the biggest part. The next step is for me to complete the written exam which is open book and I started working on that yesterday in class. And take Adult CPR/First Aid, which will be occurring in two weeks at the Red Cross. So yay for me!! Seriously, if you had said to me last year that I would be teaching water aerobics come October 2008, I would have told you that you were nuts! So I'm very proud of me!!

Other business: Betterhalf will now be referred to as "BoyFru". BoyFru was amazing in supporting me this weekend. He's the greatest!!

Knitting stuff:
My books came in for knitting and crocheting. I love to knit because it relaxes me. Not sure what I'm working on next but I'll come up with something. I may start on the pumpkin patch with the knifty knitter.

Badazz Cheezits vs. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
Yes, kids, the day is finally here where La'Fru's fantasy football team, Badazz Cheezits, are playing team Whiskey Tango Foxtrot (WTF). I have a secret weapon that I've been looking at and I believe that I will be victorious. Yes, the Cheezits are going to tear azz all over WTF.

That's all I've got for now! La'Fru out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congrats on the training! i knew you could do... love you miss our chats hope we can have one soon!