Friday, October 19, 2007

Mornings are for me!

So for the last two weeks, I've been doing awesome at taking care of me. Some people call it lazy, I'm going to rock out a big reframe here and say that I'm "nurturing myself".

Since betterhalf went to work, I'm happy to report that I've become a pro at puttering around the house, by myself, in the mornings with the kittybabies. We watch the birds, the squirrels, I drink coffee and purr to the kitties. They look at me like I'm the greatest thing since tuna fish. It's a very good thing!

I'm headed to Hilton Head this weekend for a mini Fall Break. I need to be by myself. And while I was trying to be mindful in the shower this morning, it hit me: I haven't been down to Hilton Head since Pap Pap died at the beginning of March. So send me prayers, positive light, and energy because I'm hoping that I don't go down there and drop my basket. I'm looking forward to quiet time with my Gramma. I'm looking forward to sitting up at Dolphin Head, and walking on the beach, where Pap and I used to walk. Dolphin Head is where we used to set out to on our bikes. It would take an hour round trip, but it was a magical place. It's our place. I think I was the last person he was there with and that is so sacred to me.

So that's my story. Headed to get a massage b/c I deserve it. My work has slowed down and for that I am so grateful. I haven't been to jazzercise this week but in the spirit of the overachiever that I am, I will be starting my Zumba aerobics class next week and returning to Jazzercise. Yes, sometimes I think I have a deathwish when it comes to exercise. So happy Friday to all!

1 comment:

Ron Wertz said...

hurray for Hilton Head!