Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Don't mess w/ a girl & her gazpacho!

Look, Pop Pop & Grammy! I made Gazpacho!

Here's a little story about how I discovered Gazpacho:

Many moons ago, I was a brownie scout and my troop had an International Fair. It was in a big multi-purpose room w/ other troops. And this girl with poofy hair and braces handed me a little dixie cup of what looked like spaghetti sauce & said, "Here, try this! It's cold soup. They call it Gracho or something...". Thus, began my love affair with Gazpacho!

So here's how I made this:

I took:
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 1/2 cucumber
  • 2 green bell peppers
  • 2 stalks of celery
  • 1 vidalia onion
  • parsley, oregano, rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
  • 1 tbsp of flaxseed
  • 1 tbsp of splenda
  • 1/4 c of olive oil
  • garlic salt
Threw 'em in a blender, blended the shit out of all that good stuff, and got me some gazpacho. Seasoned it with some Tabasco, and it was like summer time in my mouth! One of my favs, fo' sho'!

1 comment:

Courtney said...

That looks super yummy!