Monday, December 15, 2008

Blessing

I feel like last week was much of a blur...I guess that's what happens when you have an injury and you lose a lot of time without meaning to.

The week ahead looks like holiday mayhem..but in a good way, if that is possible. I am so excited that some of my all time favorite people are coming into town today.

JMK, Tasha, & Baby Belle will be in town later today for the whole week and I simply cannot wait to see them. I've never met AB but I love her to pieces b/c she's all girl..and you know how I love to spoil little girls.

I'm thinking a lot about yoga lately and have been praying for some guidance on this. I love City Yoga. The teachers, the classes, and the atmosphere are amazing. The last time I tried to do yoga though, my body & I were at odds with each other. I'd go into downward facing dog and think, "what the HELL have you done to yourself, girl?!! You could do this move with ease and grace a few years ago?!!!!". I found that since my body & I were not talking to each other in the same loving, nonjudgmental language, I really would come out of classes incredibly wounded. All by my own doing!

It's a few years later..actually three years later, and if you ask me what my greatest accomplishment was for 2008, there are many I could list. I learned how to knit, which has opened the door to dear friendships, busted me out of my depression, and really inspired me. I continue to be amazed, and overjoyed by my marriage to my best friend and the man of my dreams. I continue to be blessed to work in a setting with people that inspire, and humble me. But my greatest accomplishment for me this year has been becoming certified as a water aerobics instructor. As I've blogged about before, the idea that there is an athlete in me and she's healthy and hungry for more movement, and strength just rocks my world!

So since the athlete & I seem to be on the same page, sharing dreams, coffee, and adventures together, I think that I can attempt yoga again without ripping myself to shreds with my negativity, and my curses towards gravity. But there has to be a financial means to do this again...so that is what I am praying about...can it happen? What can I do..or get out of the way of so God can make it happen?

No comments: