Saturday, August 30, 2008

Long weekend & no game to play

With Warhammer's preview weekend occurring last weekend, we are looking at ourselves this weekend with no game to play and this has NEVER happened...EVER.

After spending some much needed catch up time with KayKay & BabyJules, I shared with her how excited I was to learn how to knit using the knifty knitter that my Grammy gave me. She then gave me the book that she taught herself with and now I am a knitting fool. I played with that book all last night and then looked up some YouTube videos this morning and here I am, working on a cell phone case. I took myself over to Joann Fabrics and got some really kewl yarn that was on sale and another set of knitting looms so I can do some other projects. So if I have any family members reading this, do not be surprised one bit if you get something hand-made from me this holiday season because this girl is hooked. I took my knitting over to Grammy's house and she helped me tweak it and she was most impressed with the socks I made for Tasha.

It was so nice to sleep in this morning and then goof around with yarn. I also found a secret tool to help me really smack some azz in my fantasy football league. This time next weekend, I will hopefully be 3/4 the way through becoming certified to teach water aerobics. I have the first session next friday for a half a day and then all day Saturday. After that, I have to take a CPR/First Aid class which is fine by me because I want to be certified in it and turn in my written exam. Lots of stuff happening for this girl! I was able to practice cueing moves with KayKay and she kindly pointed out that when I get nervous, my voice gets high pitched. So this is good to know...if I sound like Mickey Mouse while I'm teaching, it's not a good thing.

Okay, that's all I gots for now. Crafty La'Fru, out!

No comments: