Monday, September 24, 2007

"Make me a channel of your peace" <- I got a deal!


Another great shirt from woot that betterhalf will be rocking out soon!

Perhaps he'll wear it during the holidays! hehehe!

This weekend was great; peaceful and restful.

I was impressed that Carolina did as well as they did against the #2 team in the nation. Go cocks!

Betterhalf and I went with some friends and watched Resident Evil: Extinction yesterday. It was pretty good and left the door wide open for another one.


A couple of weeks ago, I got a magazine from the Smithsonian that had this in it:
For those of you who did not have the pleasure of being raised Catholic like me, it's a statue of St. Francis of Assisi.

What some of you may also not know is that my given middle name is "Francis". While I was named after my late grandfather, I've always felt drawn to St. Francis. But I digress.....

Anyhoo..I was admiring this statue in the Smithsonian magazine but it was $42.00.

Then yesterday, I was goofing around on QVC, doing some research for the upcoming holiday season, and realized that QVC carried Jim Shore statues. So..I looked and found this for $24.00.

So I'm happy to report that St. Francis will soon be rocking out in my office! Yay St. Francis! Yay QVC!

Thrift-wise Fru, out!

No comments: