Friday, July 16, 2010

"I'll stick ya"

4 times a year, I go w/ my awesome friend and we go to the public library sale. Because we are Friends of the Library, we get to go to the book sale early. It's typically a very good time.

However, today I arrived to find my dear friend kaykay in the midst of being yelled at by some jackass. Here's the thing about the library sale that drives me nuts. Independent book sellers show up with their ISBN scanners, big ass rubbermaid containers and go in and just take a shit ton of books to resale. I know it's a free country...but that's not the purpose of the libary sale in my opinion. The purpose is for members of the community to show up and buy books that the library no longer needs..so I tend to see lots of mom's that home school and college kids and professional types there.

I used the book sale to stock my professional library and grab more copies of my talismans to lend to my clients as needed. I use the book sale to also restock the lending library in my building.

So I showed up to see this asshat saying something and I was talking to KayKay and he said something like, "And she's just ignoring me now, standing there fanning herself.." and I just looked at him and said, "Dude, wat's ur deal?" And he said, "You both made me very angry". And I said, teehehehe..because I'm a therapist..."No ONE can MAKE you angry. Own it." Or I think I may have even said, "then own it." So he said, "I AM angry." And then KayKay and I went back to ignoring him.

So the book sale begins and there is a book seller who's bogarting the knitting section..well..the section where all the knitting books are..and I gave her about 10 seconds before I just reached in front of her and started pulling all the knitting books off the shelf that I could get my hands on. I grabbed these:

  • Knitting Rules! by yarn Harlot Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
  • the little box of knits for Baby by Sandy Scoville (brand new, still in wrapping)
  • Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts off
  • Folk Socks by Nancy Bush
  • Jean Greenhowe's Little Gift Dolls
  • One skein: 30 quick projects to knit & crochet by leigh Radford
  • the knitting experience by Sally Melville
Total of above books: $13.50

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Go get'm tiger!:)

Amanda said...

I'm envious. I can never find knitting books at our local book sales.