Monday, August 17, 2009

Y'all meet Manny!


Introducing my wonky, FIRST EVER crocheted amigurumi. Remember, Amigurumi is, according to Wikipedia,

the word is derived from a combination of the Japanese words ami, meaning crocheted or knitted, and nuigurumi, meaning stuffed doll.

Anyhoo...Manny was made after I taught myself single crochet last weekend with the help of this place, more specifically, the videos that Theresa posted of Left Handed Crochet b/c I can understand most of the books but they are all done for Right Handed Crocheters. And I'm the spawn of the devil, evil Left-handed Fru!!

I made Manny for my Amigurumi swap and I'm most proud of her. Sure, she looks wonky and uneven, but she's my first piece of crocheted goodness EVER. I think this is going to be the beginning of a beautiful relationship! I have my next Ami piece picked out and will begin on her shortly!

Gotta scoot to Jazzercise, Fru-out!

No comments: