Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bearhugs & bloody noses

I am back and sort of catching my breath from one of the best summer workshops I've ever been to. I've been in AAP for three years now and really feel like this time around, I grew up. Part of this comes from co-chairing a hospitality suite. I didn't realize that I was co-chairing until I looked at the brochure and saw my name on the committee. Again, the lesson learned has been invaluable. Other lessons I've learned in the process:
  • Sometimes when someone asks you to do something, you can say, "thank you, let me think about it".
  • Sometimes when you're angry, you don't have to unleash a salvo of cuss words at them to get their attention.
  • Sometimes it's best to dance on the dance floor with your shoes on.
  • Sometimes you get praise in unexpected places.
  • Even when you think you're invisible, someone sees you.
  • Parents are human, too.
  • It's painful to watch your Mom get treated poorly.
  • Sometimes you have to be provocative to stir up the energy in a room.
  • Sometimes getting in trouble is necessary to learn the lesson.
  • Sometimes a hotel can be super creepy even if it's on the National Registry of Historic Places.
  • People like club soda a lot more than I realized.

No comments: