Friday, November 9, 2007

Oh Balls! (ie..Now, I'm really gonna be famous)

Okay, sunshines.

Yours truly is going to be featured in a brief blurb in The State Newspaper on Sunday. I know, I will not be available for autographs until the article actually drops but I'm letting my fan club know of it now :).

I am involved in an organization called Give an Hour, which is a nonprofit org that provides mental health counseling for veterans and/or their family members. It was established in September 2005, mainly to address any military members or family members' needs as a result of trauma, stress, or disregulation from the war in Iraq & Afghanistan. The therapy that is provided is free..no charge and I've committed to providing 1 hour free as a part of it. There will be an article on it in The State, featuring my buddy, Jeff Rose, whom I went to school with and think very highly of.

I have to be honest and say that I'm pretty nervous about this article going out and having my contact information in it. I am envisoning being swamped w/ phone calls and I hope to hell that does not happen. But if I can help someone or point them the right direction, I'm willing to have my phone blow up for the better cause.

So today, I'm thankful for being able to serve and help others.

1 comment:

Ron Wertz said...

awesome! I'm so proud of you! you're doing a great service to others and being a good person. the world needs more people like you. keep up the good work, "Triple P"!