Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Running update

Thus far, this week is kicking my azz in a major way. Here's the quick and dirty:
  • Last night, Pop Pop and I drove up to Newberry to see the Chicago Brass Quintet at the Newberry Opera House. It was most excellent. And we decided that there were really no bad seats in the Opera House. It's a really cozy environment and the acoustics were excellent! We were both very impressed.
  • I did not have time to weigh in at WW and am not sure when that will happen..if it happens this week.
  • This evening, I will try to do my best to catch up on all of my insurance filling and stuff because...
  • On Thursday night, it's the final rehearsal w/ the community concert band. Considering that we've not played through any of the pieces in one sitting, I'm expecting to be in rehearsal until at least 10:30 PM on Thursday night.
  • Friday night is our concert up in Irmo. Starts at 7:30 PM at Union United Methodist Church up in Irmo. I think it will be a good show.
  • Then bright and early Saturday AM, Lu and I are hitting the road for DC. We're attending the American Counseling Association's Legislative Institute. And after the week that it looks like I'll continue having, I'm looking forward to the 8 hour drive. It will be a break, a way to unwind.
Why do I post all of this? Well, because being busy makes me feel important. And in reality, I am the one responsible for booking my practice with clients this week and I am the one who created some of this craziness. So....it is what it is...and I still have a long way to go in balancing my schedule. Lord, let me remain teachable.
Fru-out!


And who I think is getting the boot on the guy's side from American Idol:
Weak vocals to try to back up poor song choice just isn't going to cut it.




My favorite performer of the evening:
Loved his performance of Keane and the fact that he didn't beat-box. He proved that he has a place in this competition. I expect to see him in the top 6.

No comments: